We are seeking energetic, highly motivated and committed pacers to join us for the Kuala Lumpur Standard Chartered Marathon 2020 for these pace groups; 3:45 hours, 4:00 hours, 4:30 hours, 5:00 hours, 5:15 hours, 5:30 hours, 5:45 hours, 6:00 hours, 6:15 hours, 6:30 hours, 7:00 hours and 7:15 hours for the full marathon category, and, 2:00 hours, 2:30 hours and 3:00 hours for the half marathon category. Each pace group will have two pacers.
Becoming a pacer is a very rewarding volunteer opportunity and it’s also a great way to build your running resume. More importantly, it is an ideal way to give back to the running community by helping other runners to complete the race within their targeted time.
As a volunteer pacer, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Free entry to the Kuala Lumpur Standard Chartered Marathon 2020
- A race entry pack
- Sponsored pacer's singlet, shorts and shoes by Under Armour
- Featured on Kuala Lumpur Standard Chartered Marathon website and Facebook
Terms & Conditions
- You must be a resident of Malaysia and at least 21 years old as of Event day to apply as a volunteer pacer.
- You need to have some experience in competing regularly in the distance and time you are applying for and have shown consistent performances in your racing.
- You must be able to comfortably run even splits throughout the race, meaning that each kilometre is run in about the same amount of time.
- Proven success as a pacer in the past is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Other running experiences and past track record (for past year pacers), attitude and commitment to our pacer programme will also be taken into consideration during selection process.
- All shortlisted applicants are required to participate in the assessment run.
- If you are shortlisted, you will be contacted to attend the run (10 KM for the half marathon category and 18 KM for the full marathon category) on either 2 February or 9 February in Kuala Lumpur.
- You need to run in the pace that you will be pacing for on race day (e.g. the 4:30 hours pacers need to run a pace of 6:23 min/km).
- Watches and mobile phones are not allowed.
- Further details about the assessment run will be emailed to the shortlisted applicants by the second week of January.
Roles and Duties
- If you are chosen to be a pacer for KLSCM 2020, you are required to adhere to the pacer rules and agreement.
- You must accomplish your obligations as a pacer, especially maintaining a consistent pace and completing the run with your fellow pacer partner with a gun time of 1 second to 1 minute ahead of the pace group timing.
- You need to be prepared to offer encouragement and motivate runners in your pack.
- You must participate at least 2 times in the ‘run with the pacers’ session at our running clinics in March and April.
- You must attend the ‘meet the pacers’ session at the expo during REPC.
- You must wear the official pacer apparel and shoes provided by Under Armour on race day.
- You must not participate in any races (21 KM and beyond), including, but not limited to, road or trail running, cycling or mountain biking, triathlon, duathlon or any other sports involving a substantial risk of personal injury which may impair or destroy your ability as a pacer, 4 weeks prior to race day (starting from 17 May 2020).
- You must be able to provide the organiser, upon request, with relevant training records, logs and your race day pacing strategy.
- Further details about pacer duties and responsibilities will be outlined in the pacer agreement which will be emailed to the successful applicants by end of February.
Application deadline : 10:00 am, 3 January 2020.
For any enquiries, please email email@example.com
I would like to receive information about special offers, promotions, other marketing materials
and other event updates from Dirigo Events, Sponsors and Partners.
© 2020 Dirigo Events Sdn. Bhd.